Tarragon Salmon Steaks
"I used this recipe often when I cooked for the 'Meals on Wheels' program in our hometown," writes Helen Sandsbraaten of Naicam, Saskatchewan. "The salmon is mildly seasoned with lemon and tarragon, and it's quick to make."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place salmon steaks in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the tarragon,
- parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 415 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.