Tarragon Poached Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add chicken; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetables to a serving dish.
- 2. Combine cornstarch, water, mustard and browning sauce if desired until smooth; whisk into poaching liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with parsley. Serve over hot cooked rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 206 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Tarragon Poached Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.