Tarragon Peas with Lemon-Thyme Butter Recipe
This recipe is an example of how the right combination of herbs can turn an ordinary dish into something extraordinary. Use any leftover butter on grilled fish, chicken and steak.—Katherine White, Clemmons, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh peas
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon peel, thyme and salt. Shape into a 1-in.-thick log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in tarragon and 2 tablespoons lemon-thyme butter.
- 3. Rewrap remaining butter; refrigerate for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 139 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Tarragon Peas with Lemon-Thyme Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC