Tarragon Pasta Salad
The refreshing tuna salad with pasta and a savory tarragon dressing make a colorful and flavorful addition to any summer lunch or picnic menu. The recipe can be easily doubled if you need to feed a hungry crowd.—Toni Churchin, Irvine, California
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can (9 ounces) tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, red pepper and onions. In a
- small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss
- gently. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 390 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.