Tarragon Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Place the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, sherry, butter, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken and keep warm. Place the flour in a small saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Tarragon Mushroom Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.