Round out this saucy seasoned chicken with some rice or pasta, suggests Mary Kretschmer. "I often make this dish when my children and grandchildren visit," she pens from Miami, Florida. "Using the slow cooker leaves me more time to enjoy their company."
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, sherry, butter, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Place the flour in a small saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Mushroom Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tarragon Mushroom Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review