Tarragon Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
You can prepare this casserole the night before and refrigerate it. Then simply reheat it in the microwave for a quick and easy side. —Kris Campion, Marshall, Minnesota
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, pepper, salt, garlic powder, tarragon and paprika if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before microwaving. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Microwave 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 322 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC