Tarragon-Lime Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 to 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting
- 2. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat for 7 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade. Grill, covered, for 23-28 minutes longer or until juices run clear, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Tarragon-Lime Chicken
"Disappointing for my expectations. You really couldn't discern the tarragon in it at all."
"Not even going to lie, I'm not too fond of tarragon because it can be a bit on the overwhelming side. This recipe, however, seemed to have a good balance that was not overwhelming. I would definitely suggest that you give it a go!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.