Tarragon-Lime Chicken Recipe
The mother of a former boyfriend shared this recipe with me, and I held onto it when the relationship ended! People will rave over this chicken's refreshing, slightly tart taste.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 to 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting
- 2. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat for 7 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade. Grill, covered, for 23-28 minutes longer or until juices run clear, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC