The mother of a former boyfriend shared this recipe with me, and I held onto it when the relationship ended! People will rave over this chicken's refreshing, slightly tart taste.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 to 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Reserve 1/4 cup for basting
- Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate several hours
- or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low
- heat for 7 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade. Grill,
- covered, for 23-28 minutes longer or until juices run clear, turning
- and basting frequently with marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now