The mother of a former boyfriend shared this recipe with me, and I held onto it when the relationship ended! People will rave over this chicken's refreshing, slightly tart taste.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 to 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting
- Add chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat for 7 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade. Grill, covered, for 23-28 minutes longer or until juices run clear, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon-Lime Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p93
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tarragon-Lime Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review