Tarragon-Lemon Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 pounds)
- 1. In a small dish, combine the first four ingredients. With your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Spread half of the tarragon mixture over the meat under the skin. Smooth skin over meat and secure to underside of breast with wooden toothpicks. Spread remaining tarragon mixture over turkey skin.
- 2. Place turkey breast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Remove and discard skin and toothpicks before carving. Yield: 11 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey: 162 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Tarragon-Lemon Turkey Breast
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer