Tarragon Green Beans Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the tarragon, lemon-pepper and pepper. Drain beans; add vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 71 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tarragon Green Beans
"This is my favorite way of dressing up green beans. The tarragon and lemon-pepper seasoning don't overpower the natural tastiness of the beans. Many thanks to Ruby Williams for this recipe."