For my smoky chops, I add tarragon for a hint of herbs. If you like a lot of sauce, double or triple the ingredients. —Julie Danler, Bel Aire, Kansas
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle or other hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook and stir 3 minutes. Place chops over mushroom mixture. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mustard, pepper sauce and, if desired, wine; spread over chops. Bake 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon-Dijon Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tarragon-Dijon Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2016
"Wonderful flavor and easy. My kind of meal."