Tarragon-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine lemon juice and oil. Dip chicken in lemon juice mixture, then crumb mixture.
- 2. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 200 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.