Fresh lemon and tarragon are a perfect match for these tender chicken breasts, creating a dish that’s easy to prepare and even easier to love. Lily Julow of Lawrenceville, Georgia shares the recipe.
Recommended: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine lemon juice and oil. Dip chicken in lemon juice mixture, then crumb mixture.
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon-Crusted Chicken in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tarragon-Crusted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review