Tarragon-Cream Chicken Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Arrange chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place a slice of ham and cheese on each chicken breast.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the soup, wine, sour cream, tarragon, salt and pepper; heat through. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with stuffing and parsley. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 362 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.