I wanted to do something different with chicken breast, so I put together this recipe based on ingredients I had on hand. Every time I made it, I experimented a little more, until my family declared, "This is perfect. Don't change a thing!"
Featured In: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Arrange chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place a slice of ham and cheese on each chicken breast.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soup, wine, sour cream, tarragon, salt and pepper; heat through. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with stuffing and parsley. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon-Cream Chicken in Reminisce April/May 2010, p50
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tarragon-Cream Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review