Imitation crabmeat gets a boost of flavor from tarragon and hot pepper sauce. From the Taste of Home Test Kitchen, this crab spread is served with bacon on sourdough for a truly delicious sandwich.
- 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat and celery. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, tarragon, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over crabmeat mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook bacon according to package directions. On six bread slices, layer with lettuce, tomato, bacon and crab mixture. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Crab Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p48
Reviews for Tarragon Crab Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review