THE tangy, tart dressing contributes to making this slaw more flavorful overnight or even the third day. Slightly colored by paprika, it's an attractive addition with barbecue meats or any other meat dish.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil,
- salt, paprika and garlic; shake well. Place cabbage and parsley in a
- large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 97 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.