Tarragon Chops with Mushrooms Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter for 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter for 3-5 minutes or until almost tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir in tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 306 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tarragon Chops with Mushrooms
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.