- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter for 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter for 3-5 minutes or until almost tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir in tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Chops with Mushrooms in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p8
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tarragon Chops with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2008
"This same recipe would be great with chicken breasts. Try it!"