Tarragon Chicken with Apples Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook apples in remaining butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add apple juice to pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes or until juice is reduced by half. Add milk. Return chicken to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the apples and tarragon; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 241 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Tarragon Chicken with Apples
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.