- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 2 teaspoons butter for 3-4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook apples in remaining butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm.
- Add apple juice to pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes or until juice is reduced by half. Add milk. Return chicken to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the apples and tarragon; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tarragon Chicken with Apples for Two
"I tripled this recipe and used chicken tenders rather than breasts. My family loved it and I received rave reviews when I took it to a recovering friend and her husband as well."
"I loved this recipe!! I will definately be preparing this one again and again. The apple mixed with the chicken and tarragon....WOW!! Thank u for sharing!"