Tarragon Chicken & Veggie Packet Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces)
- 2 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1. Place chicken on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with mushrooms, carrot, green onion, garlic salt, tarragon and pepper; dot with butter. Fold foil around chicken and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.