This three-in-one spring salad combines the best natures of romaine, chicken and potato salads, crowned with a touch of crisp bacon. — Kathy Yarosh, Apopka, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Small romaine heart leaves, optional
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk onion, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, chicken, celery and potatoes. Just before serving, add dressing; toss to coat. If desired, serve on small romaine leaves. Top with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Chicken & Romaine Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tarragon Chicken & Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review