Tarragon Chicken & Romaine Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Small romaine heart leaves, optional
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk onion, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine salad mix, chicken, celery and potatoes. Just before serving, add dressing; toss to coat. If desired, serve on small romaine leaves. Top with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 342 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.