Tarragon Cheese Loaf Recipe
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Slice bread horizontally into thirds; remove top section and set aside. Spread butter over the bottom and middle sections; sprinkle with tarragon and cheeses.
- 2. Reassemble loaf; tightly wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Tarragon Cheese Loaf
"I am kicking myself for not trying this years ago! It is tasty and so good with pasta. I used sourdough upon the recommendation."