Tarragon Cheese Loaf Recipe
The distinctive taste of tarragon seasons this savory layered bread from Sheryl Hurd-House of Fenton, Michigan. "I like to use a round loaf of sourdough," she notes. Warm wedges are especially good with spaghetti or lasagna.
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Slice bread horizontally into thirds; remove top section and set aside. Spread butter over the bottom and middle sections; sprinkle with tarragon and cheeses.
- 2. Reassemble loaf; tightly wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 270 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Tarragon Cheese Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC