Tarragon Cheese Loaf Recipe
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Slice bread horizontally into thirds; remove top section and set aside. Spread butter over the bottom and middle sections; sprinkle with tarragon and cheeses.
- 2. Reassemble loaf; tightly wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 270 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Tarragon Cheese Loaf
"I am kicking myself for not trying this years ago! It is tasty and so good with pasta. I used sourdough upon the recommendation."