- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slice bread horizontally into thirds; remove top section and set aside. Spread butter over the bottom and middle sections; sprinkle with tarragon and cheeses.
- Reassemble loaf; tightly wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Cheese Loaf in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p53
Reviews for Tarragon Cheese Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2010
"I am kicking myself for not trying this years ago! It is tasty and so good with pasta. I used sourdough upon the recommendation."