The distinctive taste of tarragon seasons this savory layered bread from Sheryl Hurd-House of Fenton, Michigan. "I like to use a round loaf of sourdough," she notes. Warm wedges are especially good with spaghetti or lasagna.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slice bread horizontally into thirds; remove top section and set aside. Spread butter over the bottom and middle sections; sprinkle with tarragon and cheeses.
- Reassemble loaf; tightly wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Cheese Loaf in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p53
Reviews for Tarragon Cheese Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review