Crisp carrots are treated to a lovely tarragon and butter sauce in this fresh-tasting recipe from Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "The kitchen always smells so wonderful when I prepare this dish," Shirley relates.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a small saucepan; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. Add butter; stir to coat. Sprinkle with
- tarragon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.