Tarragon Carrot Bread
For a healthy change of pace, try this moist, nicely textured loaf that's flecked with pretty carrot pieces. The tarragon flavor really comes through.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 4 hours
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup All-Bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (about 2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One slice equals 128 calories, 271 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch. Editor's Note: Use of the timer feature is not recommended for this recipe.