Tarragon Carrot Bread Recipe
For a healthy change of pace, try this moist, nicely textured loaf that's flecked with pretty carrot pieces. The tarragon flavor really comes through.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup All-Bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (about 2 pounds).
1 slice: 128 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Tarragon Carrot Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC