Tarragon Beef Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds beef round steak (1 inch thick)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large bunch romaine
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Broil steak 6 in. from the heat for 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cool slightly. Cut steak into very thin strips.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, salt, sugar, mustard, pepper and garlic powder. Add the steak, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Just before serving, place romaine on plates. Using a slotted spoon, arrange beef mixture over romaine. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 409 calories, 31g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Tarragon Beef Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.