Tapioca Pudding in Pumpkins Recipe
Dinner guests will love this unique, delicious dessert. For those who really love pumpkin, scoop some out along with the tapioca. —Lesli Dustin, Nibley, Utah
- 6 small pie pumpkins (4- to 6-inch diameter)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Wash each pumpkin; cut a 2-in. circle around stem. Remove top and discard. Remove loose fibers and seeds from the inside and discard or save seeds for roasting. Sprinkle insides of pumpkins with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Place in a shallow roasting pan; add 1 in. of water to pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca, salt and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour into pumpkins. Cover and bake 15-30 minutes longer or until pumpkins are tender. Sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds if desired and remaining cinnamon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tapioca Pudding in Pumpkins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p135
Reviews for Tapioca Pudding in Pumpkins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review