- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2-1/2 ounces feta cheese, cut into sixteen 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 16 portions; flatten. Top each with a cheese cube; form beef mixture around cheese into meatballs.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. In a small saucepan, heat the marmalade, orange juice, half of the green onions and the jalapeno.
- Place meatballs in a serving dish; pour glaze over the top and gently stir to coat. Garnish with remaining green onions. Yield: 16 meatballs.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tapas Meatballs with Orange Glaze
Sort By :
"Tasty. Needs more spice"
"I cook the meatballs in a fry pan until all the pink is gone, and they turn out moist. Also, a way you could get around the jalapeno peppers is to buy several, wash, cut in half and take the seeds out. Put them in the freezer, along with other things like green onions that have been chopped. I do this with foods that I don't use that often.With the economy the way it is, I don't waste much of anything. With extra onions, I sauteed a bag of them in olive oil and bagged and froze them also. Great for soups!! Shred zuchinni and freeze it - You can squeeze lemons and put the juice in the small ice cube trays and pop them out and put them in a baggie. There's no limit to what you can store in small amounts .... it's so handy to be able to make a recipe at a moment's notice and have all the ingredients!!"
"I tried it with half orange marmalade and half apricot preserves. Didn't like it at all - it had no flavor. Are you sure you made it according to the recipe. "
"I made this recipe for a pot luck, where there was tons of food. There was a lot of leftovers, but not one meatball to be found. We even had left over pizza!! This has become a regular in our house - and now friends are requesting it at gatherings!Excellent!"
"Bonnie, I think this is a great recipe! I tried it with all orange marmalade and loved it. The next time I made it, I used the rest of the marmalade and some apricot jam - and it lost its tang. My husband and I love it - the suprise of feta cheese in the middle - wow, delicious!! I buy extra fresh jalapenos and wash, halve, deseed, and freeze them so I have them available all the time. Freezing seems to take a little of the bite out of them, and makes it just right. These are a regular at our house now. When my husband requests these, I know he really likes them!"