Tapas Meatballs with Orange Glaze Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2-1/2 ounces feta cheese, cut into sixteen 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 16 portions; flatten. Top each with a cheese cube; form beef mixture around cheese into meatballs.
- 2. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. In a small saucepan, heat the marmalade, orange juice, half of the green onions and the jalapeno.
Place meatballs in a serving dish; pour glaze over the top and gently stir to coat. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatball mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Meanwhile, combine and heat glaze ingredients as directed. Serve over meatballs. Yield: 16 meatballs.
1 meatball equals 127 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Tapas Meatballs with Orange Glaze
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer