Tangy Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 14 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and onions. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, red pepper and seasonings; slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour over watermelon mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Watermelon Salad
Sort By :
Sounds delicious, tho 14 cups sounds like a strange measurement!
I made this for a family picnic. It was delicious. I was glad there were leftovers to bring home so I can keep eating it!!!
this would also b delicious with just a little jalapeno, some cilantro, and fresh lime juice.
This is a great twist on just plain watermelon. My whole family loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >