Tangy Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 14 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and onions. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, red pepper and seasonings; slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour over watermelon mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Watermelon Salad
Sort By :
This is very good! Make sure you let it refrigerate longer than the two hours it calls for. Not so tangy unless it chills for several hours, but so good with the onions!
I didn't try to measure out the watermelon; I just threw it all in a large roasting pan as I was making it for a large group. I sprinkled punk Himalayan salt over the watermelon
I added celery & cucumber, and I think next time I would add clementines as well. I think I'd also ditch the veg oil part of the dressing and add either some lemon or lime juice. Even so, it was a big hit!
Sounds delicious, tho 14 cups sounds like a strange measurement!
I made this for a family picnic. It was delicious. I was glad there were leftovers to bring home so I can keep eating it!!!
this would also b delicious with just a little jalapeno, some cilantro, and fresh lime juice.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >