Tangy Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 14 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and onions. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, red pepper and seasonings; slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour over watermelon mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Watermelon Salad(4)
Sort By :
This is a great twist on just plain watermelon. My whole family loved it!
DELICIOUS!!!! I made this for my familys Easter potluck BBQ, and it was a TOTAL HIT!!! Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. I didnt use exact measurments, just one seedless melon, a red onion, a red bell pepper and like 4 scallions. My mom raved about it so much that 3 people for her work asked for the recipe! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!! will deff be making again!
I made this for a graduation party and it was very pretty and very refreshing! Yummy recipe! Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >