Ellen Spes of Caro, Michigan coats tender chunks of venison and chopped onion with a silky sour cream sauce.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place venison and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over venison. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sour cream and horseradish. Gradually stir into venison mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Venison Stroganoff in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p43
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Venison Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review