Tangy Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, paprika, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil; stir-fry turkey until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the onion, red pepper, celery and mushrooms in remaining oil for 8 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Return turkey to the pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomatoes and bean sprouts; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Turkey Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer