This started out as just a plain-tasting chicken salad. I changed some ingredients and added others. Now whenever I serve it, someone is sure to ask for my version of the recipe! Since I retired from teaching a few years ago, I've enjoyed having time to try new recipes and entertain!
Recommended: 30 June Recipes You’ll Love
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved if desired
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained and halved if desired
- Leaf lettuce
- 4 cantaloupe rings, peeled and seeded (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Prepare salad ingredients and mix lightly with dressing. Cover individual luncheon plates with base of lettuce and fill center with salad. Garnish with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Turkey Salad in Country Woman January/February 1989, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tangy Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review