A well-seasoned vinegar, mayonnaise and yogurt dressing perks up this chilled tuna and macaroni salad sent in by field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. Green peas, parsley and olives add color to the medley.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package direction; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, tuna, peas, parsley and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to tuna mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Tuna Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p44
Reviews for Tangy Tuna Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review