Tangy Tossed salad Recipe
This colorful salad features a delicious vinaigrette dressing made with stock pantry items. When you don't have much time to get dinner on the table, use prepackages salad greens.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; cover and shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine greens and tomatoes. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 204 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC