Tangy Tossed salad
This colorful salad features a delicious vinaigrette dressing made with stock pantry items. When you don't have much time to get dinner on the table, use prepackages salad greens.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients;
- cover and shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine greens and
- tomatoes. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 204 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.