Tangy Tomato Slices Recipe
Fresh garden tomatoes are a treat at a picnic or family gathering. The zesty flavor of this dish is a crowd-pleaser, and it's a colorful addition to the buffet. I'm grateful to the friend who gave me the recipe. -Lois Fetting, Nelson, Wisconsin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid, mix first nine ingredients. Layer onion and tomatoes in a shallow serving dish. Drizzle dressing over the vegetables; cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC