- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid, mix first nine ingredients. Layer onion and tomatoes in a shallow serving dish. Drizzle dressing over the vegetables; cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Tomato Slices
Sort By :
"I took this to a club picnic and everyone loved it."
"You can't beat the combination of fresh garden tomatoes and fresh basil, and this recipe is a good use of them. That it's simple and you can do it ahead are added pluses."
"I get rave reviews everytime I take this to a potluck. I've given out the recipe many times."