These tender chops are smothered in a delightfully rich sauce. “I’ve used a chuck roast instead of pork loin chops, stewed tomatoes instead of diced and served it over rice. It’s always good.” —Lea Ann Schalk, Garfield, Arkansas
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer onion, red pepper and mushrooms over pork chops.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over pork and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until pork is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Tomato Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Tomato Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review