- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer onion, red pepper and mushrooms over pork chops.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over pork and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until pork is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Tomato Pork Chops
Sort By :
"We liked this a lot. I skipped the red pepper and mushrooms (not in my taste pallet) If you want some kick try diced tomatoes with green chiles (rotel, etc.) It's YUMMY"
"This was excellent! I used a boneless pork loin and sliced it into 6 pieces, about an inch thick. I used Grill Mates Garlic and Onion seasoning on them instead of the salt and pepper. I also just sprayed the pan with Pam instead of using oil to brown them. Followed the rest of the recipe and cooked for 8 hours. Seved over noodles. It reheated great too! Will definately make again. I'm not sure why the other person only cooked for 6 hours?"
"Tried this recipe last night. Didn't have enough pork chops so I used some boneless chicken breasts. It was great! Served it with baked potatoes and put some of the sauce over the potatoes. Will definitely make this again. I plan to use it for an easy company dinner, especially in the summer when it is too hot to use the oven."
"It's very hard to find a variety of slow cooker meals that we all can enjoy. When my boyfriend said he liked this one, I knew we had a keeper!! A couple of things I did a little different: I used canned tomatoes from the garden, and long grain wild rice for the bed. Definetly an easy weeknight meal for me to finish up after a long day at work! Thanks again!"
"I used Butterfly (boneless) chops instead. Meat was very tender and extremely tasty. My family loved this recipe and it will become a family favorite. Thank you Taste of Home!"