- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To section grapefruit and orange, cut a thin slice off the bottom and top of each. Place each fruit cut side down on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, remove peel and white pith. Slice between the membrane of each section and the fruit until the knife reaches the center; remove sections.
- Place sections in a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: about 5 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tangy Texas Salsa
"My 2001 annual cookbook has this recipe, and it calls for cilantro, which would be much more authentic anyway."
"The heading says, "spicy cilantro" but the recipe says "fresh minced oregano" Should it be cilantro in the recipe?"