- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red grapefruit
- 1 large navel orange
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients.
- Cut a thin slice off top and bottom of grapefruit and orange; stand upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane of fruit. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit; add to pepper mixture.
- Stir gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings (1/3 cup each).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tangy Texas Salsa
"My 2001 annual cookbook has this recipe, and it calls for cilantro, which would be much more authentic anyway."
"The heading says, "spicy cilantro" but the recipe says "fresh minced oregano" Should it be cilantro in the recipe?"