Tangy Tender Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into rings
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 13-in. x. 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In the same pan, saute celery and chopped onion in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- 3. Pour sauce over chops. Top with sliced onion and pepper rings. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 284 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tangy Tender Pork Chops
"We had this last night & really liked it. I had a red pepper on hand & used that. It made the dish more sweet than savory. It is in the keep pile for pork chops."
"I love this recipe I plan to make it a staple in my home"
"I was looking for a pork chop recipe this morning and cam across this one. I had all the ingredients. It takes a little time, but absolutely worth it. The sauce was so good I even put it on my mashed potatoes. YUMMY!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.