“I’ve used this recipe for many years and always get compliments when I serve it.” The tender chops pair well with the saucy onion-and-pepper topping. This would also be fantastic served with mashed potatoes. Mrs. Thomas Maust - Berlin, Pennsylvania
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into rings
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 13-in. x. 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In the same pan, saute celery and chopped onion in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Pour sauce over chops. Top with sliced onion and pepper rings. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Tender Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review