- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrots, green pepper and onion. Top with chicken. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple over chicken. Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, bouillon, salt, ginger and garlic powder to pineapple juice; pour over pineapple. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened, stirring once. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tangy Tender Chicken
Sort By :
I thought it was just OK. My husband, who lives Chinese, did not like it.
So fast to put together & let the crock pot do the cooking. I served over rice. uum good. I love new recipes to try & this is a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >