Tangy Tender Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup cola
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. Cut brisket in half and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine chili sauce, cola and soup mix; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 7 servings (2 cups gravy).
5 ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup gravy equals 309 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 940 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Tender Beef Brisket
"This was fantastic! My picky teenagers loved it!"
"Easy to make. I used 12 oz of both cola and chili sauce instead of 8 oz."
"Loved the flavor and the beef was so tender"
"Easy to make but the flavor wasn't that good.There are better recipes out there."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.